Friday, May 25, 2007

Brain Gym

I returned this book sooner than desired. I wanted to pare down my load for the move. Choice made: No books from the Laburar. I can get them after I'm settled in the new place. I can resume when I'm over there. In the Modi Bode. Ah Hum.


The simplicity of the exercises are deceiving. And the fact that it's geared toward kids is too. This has much to do with crossing the mid-line which unifies both hemispheres of the brain. This is good for anyone at any age.

Oh. I just discovered that there's a second book at the Laburar. It might be the book, but the teacher's edition. It is newer, too.

Brain Gym by Paul Dennison - 616.85 DEN
"The companion guide to the Brain Gym book, for parents, educators, and all others interested in the relationship between movement and whole-brain learning."
I like this quote from the creator of these exercises:
"Movement is the door to learning."
- Paul Dennison

See? It is for all ages.

No comments: